Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 18,2010

Today I built an electromagnetic crane.I first attached a crane-like structure to a board. Then I put a screw on the crane structure and then put a pulley on the screw. Next I twisted a piece of string and two wires together. Then my dad helped cut off a piece of tube with a saw. Then I wrapped a piece of copper wire around it. Then I put a nail inside of the tube with the copper wire wrapped around it. Then on the ends of the two pieces of wire I put alligator clips.Then I attached a battery to the board. I also attached a on and off switch. I attached the alligator clips to the battery and the on and off switch. Finally I put some paper clips under the nail. Now when you turn the switch on the nail can pick up the paper clips. I think that it looks really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment